We especially pray for Mary Ellen, Kelley, Linda, Barry, Fannie, JC, Bridgett, Samantha, Janice, Chalita, Joseph, Michael, Marilyn, Nancy, Mo, Lorenzo family, Walt, Collaco family, Pat.
All meetings suspended until further notice.
Text Based Giving
Many people access the world through their smart phones and this is an attempt to connect with them.
If you would like to use this service, simply text “Give” to 844-527-6508. The first time you use it you will be asked to register with Tithe.ly, the company that offers this service. As part of registration, you will enter your name and address along with the credit card you wish to use. After the first time you use the service, you can simply text an amount and purpose to the same phone number (844-527-6508). For purpose, you can use offering, pledge, music festival, or ReSource Center. For example, to send $100 to pledge, you would text 100 pledge.
Don’t forget to save our giving number in your phone! You can always text EDIT to update your information, set up a recurring gift, and check the status of a gift.
To the Faithful of St. Michael and All Angels:
As we move forward during this time, I will be sending out news and updates, at least on a weekly basis, to keep everyone informed, and in some sense, connected. Here’s this week’s parish news:
1. Public worship remains suspended at least until April 30. I will continue to join together with Father Kawika (David) Jackson, Rector at All Saints’ Church, to offer Morning Prayer by video each week. We are exploring additional worship and prayer during Holy Week. Access to the videos can be found on our website, Facebook page and by email link. I am grateful for the support of our Musical Director, Alan Van Zee, and our Senior Warden, Gary Ellwood, who spends much time and care producing the videos. Thank you Alan and Gary!
2. In light of the recent mandates by our Governor and Mayor, I am closing the Parish Office for regular business. Loretta will continue to keep a minimum of office hours to keep our campus running but until further notice, any parish business must be done by appointment only; if anyone feels they have essential business, please call Loretta to discuss, and if appropriate, she will make an appointment. The only exception to the above is our regular accounting and bookkeeping work on Wednesday mornings – this work is essential and Bill, Sue and Kathleen will proceed to ensure proper precautions are taken during this time.
3. All public gatherings at the parish are suspended at least until April 30. All of our short-term rentals have cancelled their meetings/events through this time. Our long-term tenants are making adjustments pursuant to the mandates and guidance of the authorities.
3. Not surprisingly, I am noticing an increase in pastoral requests. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you feel the need to do so; however, I am asking that my cell phone be reserved for emergency requests only. Given the present circumstances, the best way to reach me in the ordinary course of things is by email; please use both of my email addresses in any communication to me: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also know that I must be mindful of our current precautions in responding to any request.
4. During challenging times, it is my custom to encourage giving to the Rector’s Discretionary Fund, my resource for providing emergency financial assistance to those in need. However, at the present time, I am asking that our financial giving, both regular and special donations, be directed to our general operating funds. As of now, it is my opinion that the Discretionary Fund has sufficient resources to meet the needs which may arise in the coming weeks. With the loss of short-term rental income, and the economic challenges we are all facing now and in the future, we need to direct our giving, to the extent we are able to do so, to support the overall life of the parish.
5. I encourage all of us to reach out to one another! Grab the Parish Directory and make a few calls on Sunday morning to those you miss or that you believe could use some kind and supportive words. Create a Zoom group and find a regular time to connect. There are many ways to be in touch during this challenging time – I hope everyone will take advantage of whatever capabilities you may have so we may all feed and nurture our faith community.
I will continue to do all that I can to support St. Michael’s and each of you during this time. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith!